You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.
- Call Apple at 1-800-2775 (Available Mon-Fri 8am-8:30pm Central Time)
- The Apple Support Technician will need some information from you
- Your Name
- Email Address
- A good number for further contact
- The Serial Number of the Device in question
- Following this, the Apple Support Technician will send you an email with an Excel form to fill out regarding the device.
- Fill the form out and send it back to Apple Support.
- The Apple Support Technician should respond within 2-10 business days. Once they send you an email confirming they have turned off Activation Lock on your device, you can start the process to restore your device as if it were new.
- Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes.
- While your iPad is connected, force restart it by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Do not release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
- Once the iTunes logo appears, a pop-up should appear on the computer stating “There is a problem with (the device) that requires it to be updated or restore.”
- Select “Restore.”
- Select “Restore and Update.”
- After this, set up your device.